Monday, September 01, 2008

update - on the event of a break-in

He was released last night around 11pm after spending two nights in the lock-up. My Sayang and Padel decided not to press charges; his wife has returned the laptop and the money, so it didn't seem necessary. The bag's fate, however, is yet to be known.

Some people are not happy with his decision, I'm sure. And the what ifs did run through my head for a while: What if we're not the last of his victims? What if he's not remorseful? What if the wife is just as bad, but the fact that she was pregnant made us feel sorry?

But I respected my Sayang's decision. And I believe that this is wise of him. The wife deserves the benefit of a doubt. And we're hoping that maybe he will learn from this. We retrieved back most of what he took, and that was the agreement to have him released anyways.

[But the human that I am was annoyed when the wife kept on sms-ing my Sayang, creating sad sap stories to have him released and to settle things soon so that her husband can return home. For a while yesterday, I did feel like telling my Sayang to just pursue the case, but at the same time I thought, "Wouldn't I be doing the same if it was my husband?" But of course, if it was Kusa, I would've smacked his head hard first and warned him of the hell he'd get at home before doing all I can to have him released.]

It was noble of my Sayang to have made that decision. Judging from some people's reactions when I told them that the guy was released, I can honestly say that there's not many people who can do what my Sayang did.

I am proud of him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mira! i'm shocked that the subway got a break in. Possibility the husband want to get some money for the baby but still it's not the right way kan... ish ish ish....

glad you guys got most of ur stuff back......

p/s: bile u nak buka sama ne?

Elmira said...

maybe la... but ntah la, we can never be too sure kan.

pasal nak buka tu, apa kata u balik langat dulu. u kat perak lagi kan?

e.e.s.h.i.e said...

hey babe,

luckily you got almost everything back, except for the bag... your husband did do a noble thing *and did it at the right month* :)

am sure many2 good things will come in abundance, insyallah.

Elmira said...

hey shereen, my glowing mother-to-be friend :P

Insya Allah, that's what we hope for as well. We're also thankful that it wasn't a (God forbid!!) armed robbery or something like that.

Thanks! :)