Saturday, September 20, 2008

haih.

Just ended a phone call with Ili. She's leaving for Liverpool tonight, pursuing her Masters degree in Music Management. [Music Management, I kid you not. To echo the words of a mutual friend, Wirda, Ili's going to be the only friend we know to actually marry a rock star.]

I couldn't send her off due to some other obligations, as well as the lack of transportation, so I thought I'd give her a call just to let her know. It was just a simple 'sorry I can't make it, good luck' etc kind of conversation. But i iz still sad :(

We have never been tight-knit-bound-together-for-life kind of friends. Not in a normal sense anyways. But we've always been in touch. And I've known her, as well as Azzura, since our primary school days. To say that we go way back is an understatement.

So the sudden tear and sniff that came after [well, during] the phone call, was a bit, how to say... out of the blue. But at the same, it didn't surprise me at all.

To Ili, we may have taken the years after high school for granted, meeting up only when it is convenient or for really important occasions. But you know that I got your back, and I'll miss you a hell lot in the next one year.

xoxo.

No comments: