Saturday, September 13, 2008

i should catch up with my sleep, not updating my blog!

Thank God it's Saturday.

It has been crazy at work this week. I guess in the end of the day, it was not something that I couldn't handle, but I wanted to do nothing but just pull out my hair at times. But I had two reasons not to:

1- It's not worth it, and
2- I love my locks!

To be fair, there were other things outside work that added up to the stress as well, but I don't want to indulge. Safe to say, you just can't change some things and some people, so it's best that you live with it the best that you can. At the of the day these things that annoy the crap out of you are just small things, and you just have to learn to see the bigger picture.

The stress will still be there, but you live better when you stop sweating the little stuff.

I am currently in page 44 of 'Love in the Time of Cholera'. Slow, I know, but I don't have much free time to read as I I liked to... not in Ramadhan at least. My sleeping pattern is way off - by the time I get home from work it's already time to break fast, afterwards is usually quality time with my Babe, then I have to sleep to wake up at 4.30am for sahur. The most I read in one sitting was yesterday at the office for 30 minutes I think, only because the network was down and I couldn't get any work done.

But I love it so far. It's a possible entry into my List of Favorite Books of All Time.

On another note, my dad has pneumonia. But minor I suppose, he wasn't admitted to the hospital, but he did get two different types of inhaler for his asthma. He's very stubborn, my dad; my sisters had to go through persuasive measures to get him to agree to go. He was still vacuuming the home! Not that he didn't want to, but he just has his own way of doing things. Plus he's degil. Of course, we didn't know it was pneumonia until they went to the hospital.

Alhamdulillah, it wasn't anything more serious. But the thought that it could be sure is scary.

And I just realize that, in this post at least, i start off a new topic with a lengthy paragraph, then finish it with a one- or two-liner.

I wonder if this is a pattern that I usually use. Hmm.

Anyways, I look forward to a semi-long weekend. Will be going to Ikano in the morning to do some errands for Mommy dearest, and possibly window-shopping for furniture for our new room in Shah Alam. Am likely to shop a little as well, but temptations need to be fought full-on. That is what Ramadhan is about, kan?

And ooh, buka puasa with the girls on Sunday! whee~

No comments: