Sunday, September 07, 2008

heaven is on earth.

Just came back from a little shopping trip with Lyana. I needed a pair of flat work shoes pretty badly, but since the ones I really like are expensive, I decided to buy something cheap just to get by while I save money for the real deal. Also bought another pair of reasonably-priced flats to be worn for leisure, which I like even better than the first pair. Oh well.

But the best purchase I made today were three - and I really mean three - books by Gabriel García Márquez for RM69: One Hundred Years of Solitude, Love in the Time of Cholera and Memories of My Melancholy Whore.

Seriously, it was almost like the books were calling out to me. I mean, I've been wanting to read the first two books and was prepared to pay more than RM100 for them, but to pay RM69 and get another book by Márquez is a freaking, definite plus.

I'm on cloud nine.

4 comments:

Milkberry said...

I love you.
You're not pretentious nor pompous. Hehehe you know what I mean :D

Anonymous said...

oh yes, finally you got those books. Now I have someone to spazz Love In The Time Of Cholera about mwee :D

Am translating Melancholy Whore for my second assignment, so yeah, the next thing I recommend you to read are works by Milan Kundera fuu :D

Milkberry said...

Hey how about sharing some love for Paulo Coelho too? Muehehehehe~

Elmira said...

Not The Zahir though; I find the book slightly draggy for my liking. But I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise... I heard The Alchemist is good.

Ah, I knew that Melancholy Whore sounds familiar... I read your blog :)

By the way, I love you too Ikin. hehe.