Sunday, September 28, 2008

no, i didn't lose any weight this Ramadhan.

For as much as I love the idea, albeit a false one, of losing weight during Ramadhan, and having berbuka with my in-laws, my family, my friends and my Sayang, I honestly can't wait for the month to be over with. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way; I am simply glad that I will be able to get my normal sleeping hours back in three days' time. And I am looking forward to not being sleepy at 12 noon. Oh, especially that.

This week has been somewhat eventful. Had berbuka with the rest of the REDmoney people on Tuesday at Traders Hotel [which was really good], met up with Zara, Kak Dalin and her boyfriend on Wednesday, baked honey cornflakes cookies on Friday night [my first attempt, and a successful one at that!], and today at noon, I made some chocolate chip cookies [another successful first time!]. Okay, so it wasn't all that, but all these little things made me happy, so its something :P

Next week, I expect more happy happenings. It's Eid on Wednesday, whee~! It'll probably feel a little weird not waking up to my sister's screams and nags to get up early on the first day of raya, and then the little 'arguments' we have about who gets to use the bathroom first. We usually go to arwah Mama's kubur by noon, and that's something I'm going to have to do in the evening next Wednesday, with my Sayang instead of one big family in three separate cars. Before going to the kubur is the ritualistic salam session, but I'll get to do that with a different - and new - set of family this year.

Insya Allah, everything will turn out well.

Other things happening next week will be the return of Ikin and Bad from Japan for Raya, as well as the double-honeymoon we're having on this coming weekend. Will elaborate on that after Eid.

Uhhhh I have more things to say, but dang I need to sleep.

6 comments:

bem69 said...

I didn't lose weight either, in fact I never do during Ramadhan, because of the eating times, not because I eat a lot.

Ooh my its time for Langkawin.

e.e.s.h.i.e said...

darling, tell me about catching up with sleep!

haha... seriously for me 3 hours of sleep is heaven already.

take care, hope it's all good with you.

Elmira said...

bem69: come to think of it, yeah... same here. and like you, not because i eat a lot, but i go back to sleep after sahur, so that's no help at all.

shereen: babes you're a mommy! lack of sleep is given already! hahaha. oooh and i bet you're gonna have a great raya, with baby aira making it a whole lot merrier! *hugs!*

Anonymous said...

Erk.. I was losing weight steadily during the first week of puasa before getting dengue...then I did get thin for a while after that due to the fear of eating but once it's over, my appetite quadrupled gile babi and erm.. macam orang tak puasa ah. So never mind, at least you did manage to fulfil one of your Islamic duties :D

Happy Raya in advance~

Elmira said...

tuna: happy happy raya~

Lyana H. said...

i only like ramadhan cuz i cud save on food but then i spend it all on clothes :P haha have fun in langkawi babe