Sunday, April 01, 2007

the color of the night

I woke up on Thursday morning feeling a lot like shite. Went to the 22 hours clinic near my home the night before as my flu worsened... The doctor gave me THREE different kinds of flu medications to be taken twice daily. My blood pressure was really low as apparently, I did not get enough oxygen.

So yeah... I felt like shit. I just didn't feel like going to college, and for a few moments, I couldn't care less with the fact that I have a prom to go to that night. And yes, it lasted only a few moments... because I immediately realized that I've been looking forward to the prom/dance/ball/etc since the idea was first uttered, so I thought there's no way I'm letting my flu get in the way. If it were to get worse, all I have to do is call my Sayang and ask him to pick me up. So off I went.

And true to my gut feelings, it all went well. Well... in my book, at least. I had a grand time... despite the fact that I was a last-minute replacement model for the fashion show at the beginning of the event. Pairing up with Jack definitely made things a lot easier and yeah... fun. There were also other equally whacky people on the runway... Byron, Hadi, Jon, Hani, Dahlia... and also Chemmy, though I'm not sure if she's crazy as them.

There were other performances too... But insya Allah I'll get to the details later. It's 4 a.m in the morning... I should be getting some sleep. But I managed to upload up to 50 photos from the prom... I'll upload the others soon enough. You guys can check it out here.

But one thing is for sure... at the end of the night, I felt a whole damn better than I did in the morning.

Definitely one of the best nights in my entire college life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah merahnya dress dia *_*

*hugs and hopes you get better soon*

Eh..one of the girls that you took photos with is my online friend's girlfriend/someone I know off the IRC channel I frequent in lol.

Talk about a small world indeed :P

Elmira said...

ehh? who?! which one?

Anonymous said...

mira!! i had fun too. and thanks for the make-up lesson too. Heh. And I took some of the pics.

Elmira said...

farhana, you are not a drama queen! haha. yeah, take all the photos you want... i don't mind :) but those are resized though... if you want the original big ones, let me know.