Tuesday, March 27, 2007

i am a foodie

I love food. Carbs, fats, proteins, everything... I love love love. Be it 5-star hotel dishes that costs my entire month's allowance [Lafite, Shangri-La KL... it's been 4 years but I still think about you], to simple meals at the local warung. One of the places I enjoy going to to get my dose of sup cendawan or mushroom soup is Anjung that is only a few minutes drive from my home.

But truth be told, that place has the crappiest, shittiest service. The waitresses and waiters are slow, and one time, a waitress actually sat at the table with me, Azzura and Noran while taking our order. Like... HELLO?!! But I bear with their lousy service. Why? They serve great Malay food. And their soups... YUM! And what makes it even more bearable, is when I have great friends to eat with me. People like My Boo, Ikin, Azzura, Anim, Noran, Along and Adik. Well I never actually have a meal with Adik, but I'm sure she makes a wonderful company!

And that's why Azzura started the whole creation of Sup Cendawan Anjung and called upon me, Anim, Noran, Along and Adik to be co-authors of the spankin' new blog. But no, the blog is not created for the sake of the restaurant, mind you. It's created for the people and the spirit we all share when we go there. The endless gossip sessions, the unveiling of Anim's engagement... even the dinner me and my Babe were supposed to have with Along, Adik and Noran after we send Azzura off at KLIA. This blog is just another one of our ways to show much we love and value each other, how much each of us complete one another. Yeah... all of that mushy stuff. haha.

Plus, Anjung's sup cendawan is really good.

2 comments:

qiddas said...

do they use... Special Mushrooms? eh? eh? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Elmira said...

TAAAKKKK.

*ketuk ketuk hentam hentam*