Saturday, April 07, 2007

woohoo?

Nothing makes you smile secretly inside your heart [and head] like when the CEO of a hip and urban television station calls you "Miss Thang". haha.

Miss Padma's Effective Listening class held a seminar themed "From the Textbook to the Real World", that is conducted to help students of what to expect once we start working. I missed the first speaker, which was Dr. Steven Baptist, the hottest lecturer in the whole wide world. haha. I joke. But it really was a pity not to hear his part of the seminar on diversity in the workplace... Everyone who were there told me of how good it was.

Next was a Mr. Charles Kingsley, an Admission person from some other higer learning institution. His speech on ethical issues was presented in a manner that... well, I just couldn't wait for it to be over. Yes, it was a bore. But there were substance in his presentation though... but nothing that I couldn't find on my own.

Ahmad Izham Omar did one on moving up the ladder [corporate, of course]. His was presented in a refreshing view... I really enjoyed his. Well admittedly, he is someone I really admire, ever since the days of Positive Tone, before the buy-over by EMI. And yeah, he called me Miss Thang. I have NO idea why, and he apologized for it afterwards, to which I replied "Oh don't be, I took it as a compliment." haha ohmygod I don't know why... but when I faced him my heart was beating so fast, I SWEAR i was thisclose to becoming a starstruck fan. Of a CEO.

I'm so duh sometimes.

There were 2 other speeches that I had to forgo since I was rushing to get to my Babe's place. And now we're kinda rushing to go out with his mom, and then off to KLIA to pick up his baby sister. She's coming home from a homestay visit in Japan. I reek with envy.

Ok laters ciao hugsandkisses everyone!

2 comments:

a z z u r a said...

heh kenape die panggil miss thang. laa citer la camner.

Elmira said...

haha serious tak tauu. nanti aku chat ngan ko aku cite