Saturday, January 17, 2009

the first in '09

It seems like not blogging for long periods of time has become a habit of mine. It's not because that I don't have any time at all to spend in front of the pc, typing away; I just don't have enough of it. I'm not the kind of person who would get online for the sake of blogging, hence I only update the blog only when I am truly free, and I don't have much to do, online or off.

Getting back on the time factor... its just insane. Like I said, not to the point that I don't have time for anything, but it takes a lot of in-advance planning just to have dinner or lunch with my babes, for instant. Its been a long while since my Sayang and I ever went on a proper date, and besides KLCC, I haven't been to malls for the longest time.

This is not acceptable when, Insya Allah, a baby comes our way.

Hopefully, things will improve once we move permanently to Shah Alam [and no, its not our own house but the in-laws']. And come April, once the finance class is over and done with, we'll have two extra evenings during the weekdays to play with. Maybe then I'll have time to do things I want to do, and to do things I know my Babe wants me to do more of...

It'll come through, I hope.

It will be the 18th day of January in a few moments. I've been meaning to do sort of like a lowdown of the significant happenings in 2008 to me and my Sayang. I haven't had the chance, and Ikin kind of did it a lil bit late into the month as well, so why the hell not?

A lot of things happened this year. On the very bright side, I am now a wife. I am surprised at how much being married does not shock me; I was prepared to go through some serious changes. But so far there has not been much difference in how I conduct my daily life. Except for the fact I see a lot more of my Boo. I guess it has a lot to do with how I am not able to do a lot of 'wifely' stuff. Insya Allah, when we get our own place, I will.

I also got a my first stable, real paying job this year. And roughly 9 months later, I got promoted. Its a big deal to me... I wasn't expecting any increament or promotion until at least a full one year. It means more work, of course, but at the same time more trust from my bosses. So yeay! And an achievement of mine that is work-related is.... that I made several reports on Islamic finance without any financial background whatsoever. haha. Not recommended, though.

Other highlights include our Langkawi and Penang trips, as well as the arrival of Fadlan Ilham.

The lows? I left a job in March 2008 which I kind of had high hopes for. On the outside, it sounded like the perfect job for me. I got to write, and I got to learn so much. But I was late to realize that some things did not feel right: there was no confirmation letter after my internship ended, my pay was in cash with no documentation, I had to do a job meant for two people, and the editor of the magazine has no experience in editorial. Publishing is NOT editorial! blergh.

Also, someone close to me was - and still is - suffering some complications due to an ailment the person had two years ago. It does not seem to get better, but am hoping for the best this year.

Can't seem to think of anything else to add to this list. But all-in-all, it has been a wonderful year for me, and was quite stressful for the first half mostly due to work and wedding preparations. The second half fared better, but the stress didn't exactly lessen. Such is life.

As for my resolutions, well, it has never really been my thing. But I tought, what the heck?, so this year, I resolve to:

  • Be fitter, and lose some weight in the process. Yes I know I say this often.
  • Find a sport that I enjoy doing.
  • Do more - bake, cook, write, theatre, movies, etc.
I'd add more to the list, but I'd like to keep this realistic.

So now I am off to bed.

And oh, by the way, its my birthday in roughly 11 days. ;)

4 comments:

Milkberry said...

Yeay Mira updated!! I hope you get to do most of the things you resolve to do this year (so as I, insya-allah). And I hope 2009 will be a very wonderful year for you and Kusa and the family. Huggles.

Soulie said...

It was a good 2008, hope 2009 will be more wonderful for u and kusa. Hugssssh!

Anonymous said...

While I didn't exactly enjoy 2008 very much, I'm glad that the year turned out great for you :P

I hope you'll get a job in Shah Alam..then can drag you out for lunches more often hoho (even though Unisel and the backdoor of UiTM isn't exactly near). Sek 7 is an awesome place for food if you know where to look for it :D

P/S : I tambah lagi satu resolution for you. Make moar babies :D

Elmira said...

ikin: yeay! insya Allah, we'll reach our goals together hahaha. and i hope the same for u, bad and family :)

soul: yup it was! and yes, hopefully 2009 will be a lot better. and u had a good start to the year as well, being married and all. yeay soulll!

ikan tuna: haha nothing is confirmed yet lah. still have yet to decide on whether nak cari keje lain. as for babies, insya Allah :)