Sunday, December 28, 2008

mira, the red-nosed kat.

I usually get the sniffles when most people are already recovering from the flu. I guess you can say that I'm a late bloomer during the season. Someone else always get sick first in the household, and I'd get it from that person.

But not this time around. The first day I honestly thought that it was just my sinus, something I get on and off, usually when there's a drastic change in the weather [from sunny to rainy in a matter of minutes, or staying in with the air conditioning on and go out under the hot sun the next very second]. But then the next day the runny nose didn't go away, plus I got myself a bonus - a damn annoying sore throat. That's pretty much the deal breaker for me; I knew I'll be attaching myself to a box of tissue for the next few days.

... Did I just type out two lengthy paragraphs on flu? blergh.

OK so let's focus on something more cheery. Like the Bukit Merah trip I took! woohoo! Honestly, the 'open mind, open heart' mantra I held on to like my life depended on it [yes I'm exaggerating] worked like a charm. It was actually a very decent trip.

We arrived on Christmas day at around 3pm, and had one of the lousiest laksa ever, at a supposed kopitiam near the apartment where we were staying. I say supposed coz it looked more like food court than a kopitiam. Waited for the rest of my family to arrive, settled down for a bit, and off we go to visit my auntie and her family at a small town nearby, in Bagan Serai.

The next day was tiring! Went to the Orang Utan Island in the morning, and that was actually... fun. Especially since that was the first time ever I saw orang utans! Went to the Ecopark next, and I had fun there as well, surprisingly. Of course, there's nothing to shout about really... it's just a zoo with many trails to follow, and an animal show every 30 minutes [which was entertaining!]. And I had a good walk as well. Walking back to the main area, which was about 15 minutes from the Ecopark, was an even better exercise as I was carrying Fadlan in my arms. Penat k? Whoever invented the baby stroller is a genius. But Lalan [as we sometimes call him] behaved really really well, so it was very very pleasant :)

We were really tired by the time we finished our lunch, so we decided to have a little fish spa experience instead. It was the first time for my sisters and my Sayang, and although it was the second time for me, IT STILL TICKLED LIKE HELL. My Babe liked it, so yeay! We can go to the one in Midvalley together woohoo!

And that night, we decided to go crazy and head to Penang island for dinner. We didn't know any good spot in the area, so we just thought since Abang Wan is familiar with Penang, we might as well try our luck. The traveling took a little longer than we expected, but the food at Padang Kota was pretty decent. Well, not for Abang Zul and Kak Syisya I guess. Other than that, it was a very nice, impromptu dinner outing.

So yeah. I had fun at Bukit Merah. But in all honesty, I wouldn't really recommend to people to go there. You really ought to have an open mind and an open heart in order to enjoy the place. Yes, I had fun at the island and the park, but I don't think they offer much more that what you can get at any zoos. The apartment itself was quite a disappointment. And the crowd.... well, I'm just not gonna go there.

But to enjoy/endure all that with the person you love most, and to share it with your family is priceless.

Pictures will be up soon. :D

Anyways, we came back yesterday, and reached home around 2.30pm. My sinus has graduated to full blown flu by this time, and my Babe and I almost decided to not go to Faezah's [Lyana's sister] wedding! But I don't want to risk being sorry for not attending the reception, or the wrath of Lyana, so we went anyways.

It was one of the most relaxed wedding I have ever been too. It was held in such a small scale, but lovely nevertheless. Faezah was radiant, and Lyana was equally gorgeous! Nawar, the groom, didn't look too bad himself. sigh. Too bad I forgot to bring my camera!

ugh my head's feeling a little heavy. I hope I'm not getting a fever.

6 comments:

Soulie said...

siannyer tak baik2 lagik flu. but yeah it was rather unstable weather rite now. take care!

Elmira said...

hehe mekaceh soulie! dah ok sket dah... clarinase is heaven-sent!

Milkberry said...

:( i demam gakkkk. yeay for clarinase!! tapi now i got blood in my phlegm. yucks.

Elmira said...

ehh how come got bloood?

Lyana H. said...

hahah mira. u r right, be afraid of Lyana's warth more than n e thing else if u didnt turn up.. haha get well soon babe

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, looks like almost everyone I know seems to be down with sore throat or flu or both too. Try to get well soon yea? Hopefully you'll recover before new year and celebrate it with a bang :D

(By bang I mean the good legal thing, not the other..thing) I heard a lot of things about Bukit Merah too but gotta give credit to you KL people, I yang orang Perak ni pun tak pernah sampai situ lagi. Malu oiii lol. Might drive there someday, it's either that or the springs dekat Tambun or Sungkai :P