Monday, October 27, 2008

the last Raya weekend this year...

... Was spent by going to open houses. Today's Deepavali, so it's a public holiday, which meant an extra day off. But not really, considering that it was the last weekend of Syawal, so we made full use of it.

Went for two open houses on Saturday night; one at my Sayang's granduncle's place in PJ, and the other at Lyana's. Stayed on a tiny bit longer than we should have at her place, but I missed her, so I hope they didn't mind all that much. Didn't eat all that much since we already binged out at Tok Chik Rashid's, so it was more of lepak-with-Lyana kinda thing than it was a open house.

Sunday was spent in Ipoh, for my Wan Saha's [my dad's younger sister] open house cum doa selamat, as she is leaving for Mekah to perform the Haj early next month. Since we were already in the area, we decided to give Arnie a lil visit at her home in Kampar, and I finally tasted the finest Laksa Penang EVER. Seriously, if I didn't have too much too eat already, I would have asked for seconds!

And Monday was spent at home. Not leisurely, though. My Babe's parents invited my family over [excluding Abang Wan, there were 12 of them including the little ones!] for a little get together. It was noisy, the food was great, and there was a bit of drama as well - typical of most Syed Nor Azlan clan's get together.

And now I'm beat. But happy. And I blog about my weekend, which may be mediocre by some people's standard, as a way to say 'so long' to Syawal. And also because I don't have much to blog about haha~

So now, I shall dread for the things to come tomorrow: Work, and more work. *grumbles*

And because this is my blog, here is a photo:

With Fadlan and Dina. Comel terlampau.

No comments: