Tuesday, October 21, 2008

12th July 2008

The preparation was one of the most stressful experience I had ever endured; one with countless tears, sleepless nights, anxiety, and fear.

But the end result was one of the most beautiful, perfect time of my life; I was surrounded with (almost) all of the most important and treasured people in my existence, and I don't remember a time where I felt truly, truly blessed like I did on the 12th of July.

We wanted to keep it as simple as possible, and I think we managed to do so. There were hiccups, due to the lack of experience to managing/arranging something of that scale. The solemnization ceremony was especially stressful, especially when I found out that the mak andam forgot to about the banquet chairs for the bride and groom, when I was up on stage ready for the akad! And yes, my Sayang said the lafaz [just once! he rocks!] on stage. And then there was the one-hour interval, which was not enough considering that I had to change clothes, touch up on my make up, re-do my hair within that short period of time. (by the way, my hair and make up sucked. but in pictures, it didn't look too bad).

But the most memorable part ought to be that cheeky poem Fadhil [Kak Pa's friend] recited when we were eating. My Sayang even covered his face in... I don't know... what's the english word for segan? But yeah! It was the most random thing ever. But actually, I like that poem. Melayari bahtera. fuh!

The solemnization. When he said the lafaz, I thought he was rehearsing!


It was our day, so we'd be silly if we want to!


Alhamdullilah :)


My girls. What would I do without them? Even at the last minute, they pulled through for me.


My family. My rock.

To be honest, I fretted for a while, thinking about the things that I could have done to make the event better. And yes, I sighed ever so often, hitting myself mentally about how stupid I was to choose the mak andam. But then I looked at these photos, and I really couldn't ask for more.

It was more than enough. It was... yes, perfect.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey finally i get to see pictures of the wedding...... :D

chantek and your makeup turn out lovely in the photos.

Elmira said...

I KNOW! The reality was not as pleasant huh?

Bila nak turun kl ni? Can't wait to show you the album :D

gulagula said...

ahh....finally...a long entry...oh and even 2 entries...>__<
i love your outfit at your side...~~~

Elmira said...

gulagula: thanks! sadly the laundy messed up with it when i send it for dry cleaning, so it shrunked a little. really bummed coz i love it soo much!