Friday, February 08, 2008

thank yous

To Noran, Azzura, Animz and Along:
I know I've mentioned this in my previous post, but thank you so very much for a wonderful pre-birthday lunch. Thanks for being there for me... and the presents too! You guys are my rock!
And I am really really grateful that you guys are willing to sacrifice some time in helping me out with my wedding. Anim, I know my preparation freaks you out a little bit, but you know that I - well, we actually - are more than happy to help you with yours.

To my sisters and Baba [although you guys won't be reading this probably]:
I'm not much of a Victoria's Station fan, but that you for a great dinner! The cake filled me up so bad, but who cares?! haha. Thanks Kak Hani for those lovely shoes. The thought that in 5 months I will no longer be staying at our home, actually makes me sad... though I know that you guys are rejoicing that I won't be asking for money anymore! And the length you guys would go for July... well that goes without saying...

To Lyana, Michael, Johan, Ko Ko and Chan:
hahahaha honestly, I saw the surprise coming from MILES away! I wasn't sure of course, so it wasn't a complete failure. I didn't know that caramel cheesecake tastes so good! And thanks for the perfume Lyana... the reason why it reminds me of you is not only because you bought it for me, but because the smell is so you!

To Ikin, Adik, Nana, Arnie, Alia:
Your birthday wishes means so much to me, even though you guys couldn't be there with me. I do wish that you guys were though... *sad face* hehe.

Last, but of course, never ever the least... My Sayang:
Dinner at PJ Hilton was great, the books are a great addition to my little library. I don't know how to say this without being all mushed yup, but here goes: I love you lah. You're so annoying it's endearing, and I don't know anyone else who can love another person by being jahat. Not jahat in its truest sense of course, but... oh well you know what I mean.

--------

haih. I heard a saying once, that true friends not are not the ones who stay with you during your tough times, but those who would also share your good times with you. I can't be sure where I read it, or who wrote it... and I definitely can't that the saying is valid haha. But think about it: If your friends doesn't even share your happiness, what's the guarantee that they would stick with you when you're down and under?

9 comments:

Milkberry said...

why is the saying terbalik?

obviously a good friend shares the good and the bad. anyone would want to share your good fortune. cuba kalau u menang like 10million ringgit. pergh, ppl you didn't know existed would say they're your best friend. but then when you go bankrupt, they'd run away faster than you can say "can i borrow money?"

anyways if a friend is only there during the bad times and then disappear when you're okay... it's either she/he has god complex or is a sadist.

huhu but i'm not there now when you're happy... however i think i'd come running if you're in a heap of trouble. so how does that add up?

then again i am a sadist.

Elmira said...

it's not terbalik actually... and i think what the saying was trying to convey is exactly that: that true friends stick with you regardless of good and bad times. and if a friend is only there when you're down, it's either a) they enjoy seeing you at your absolute worst, or b) you're taking advantage of the friend, only seeing them when you're in trouble. but a good friend, you will want to share everything with them. be it good and bad. and the question at the end of my post kinda addresses this topic as a whole. what you say is of course very true, but i think what i'm saying is as valid also.

and fortunately i've found them in most the people that i've named in this particular post, and of course it includes you huhu~

Noran said...

yeah...i'll be there for you..thru thick and thin..hehehhe

a z z u r a said...

usually aku kena type aghed9 or blphk or ylkfg for the word verification. but this time it's ikblimzy! finally it sounds like a word. Ikblimzy! bunyi die macam "lil crazy" or a lil bit blur.. i think we can used it when ppl asked u "hey how are u feeling today?" "oh hmmm.. a bit ikblimzy" meaning kinda confused but manageable.. nyeh?
anyway what i was gonna say initially was, I totally got what u meant yang last para tu, i got "friends" yang only call up to me only when they are in trouble only when they have bad news.. dan dan bila nak kawin bila nak tunang tak bgtau pun, bila tgh gumbira seme senyaap je. tau tau dapat kad dah. like.. mende lu. pastuh bila ajak kuar asyik nak mengadu masalah.. tensen..ajak tgk wayang taknak.. huh

Elmira said...

haaaaaaaa terer ko explain. apsal la aku tak terpikir. but that's EXACTLY what i meant! thank you!

azzura is an ikblimzy person. boleh?

Milkberry said...

so kalau fareen dia dalam kategori apa?

my verification word is skxllodx. sounds like skeklodeks. weird.

Anonymous said...

mine's boring. esdjh. blergh.

apsal u suka tanya pasal fareen aa skang? huuu~

Milkberry said...

sbb i have a grudge that wouldn't go away. anyways saja je tanya. i dah kategorikan dia tapi i won't say it here coz i might offend people... of different race. hehehhe.

Elmira said...

siot betul budak ni :P