Sunday, January 27, 2008

chocolate fudge with cherry on top

My weekend started on Wednesday.

Yup... Wednesday. It was a public holiday... Thaipusam, to be exact. The next day, Thursday was actually a working day. But I had a terrible headache [been having it every day for the second week in a row, in fact] so I took the day off and just... slept. Woke up around the eve and decided to do some things for the impending wedding. Didn't do much, but at least something to get moving.

Went to work the next day, only to find that THERE WAS NO INTERNET CONNECTION in the whole of UTM City Campus. Since my work are mostly online, I had no choice but to do nothing. It may sounds fun to some - whee no Net connection, no need to do work! - but it wasn't. I was bored, and the fact that I knew when Monday comes I'd be swarmed with things to do only made matters worst. But in the end, I went off to home from the office around 8.30 pm anyways; decided to help the others out with the magazine [and I found one thing to do that doesn't require the Net].

And then, Saturday. Ahhh. Did nothing but watch TV the whole day. Basically I watched movies that I've seen over and over again. I don't know about you, but Enough starring Jennifer Lopez isn't too bad. With all that female empowerment theme going on, it's actually a decent movie. Found out that Alia was admitted to Ampang Puteri due to high fever from her brother, my Sayang, and decided that I'll visit her after the outing with my girls the next day.

Sunday came, and is leaving in an hour or so. I have to admit, this is one great Sunday. Went out with my freaky babes for a pre-birthday lunch, where Along paid for my lunch, Zura and Animz got me presents from Australia, Noran entertained me with her wackiness, and the eating frenzy of a loverly chocolate mousse cake bloats me till now, courtesy of Azzura [who actually took the trouble to go back to the car after settling in at the restaurant as to not ruin the cake surprise]. Walked a little after the nothing-to-shout-about lunch at Lemon, The Mines, and decided to sit down again at a kopitiam to discuss some wedding-related things. Not just mine, but Anim's as well. We didn't get to talk much as my Sayang picked me up after only 30 minutes [the fact that we tend to have 'intervals' during the kopitiam session didn't help too haha!], but it made me see something. Something that I've known, but being reminded of it gave me warm, fuzzy feelings inside.

I have a wonderful set of support system.

These are the girls that I know I can count on. They're prepared to go the distance for me; namely to Nilai 3 haha. They threw ideas at me, made me think about things for the wedding I otherwise didn't have a clue about, and they're here for me when I need them. When they in all honesty do not have to be. We're even having meetings now to plan the weddings!

But of course, if Ikin - and Lyana too - were around today, it would have been perfect. But I'm not complaining.

Like I said... warm, fuzzy feelings.

8 comments:

a z z u r a said...

aku ade warm fuzzy slipper..

Anonymous said...

can also lah.

-MissRose- said...

Hey... can we stop leaving me out??!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

nana: hahahahah. u know i love you babe!

Anonymous said...

for some reason i thought of something else when you mentioned a 'wonderful set of support system'

Anonymous said...

ikan tuna: something is wrong with you. i think you should come see me as soon as possible. then you'll be cured. or maybe it'll get worse. it's worth the shot. ngeheheheheh.

Milkberry said...

fareen takmo? muahahahhahaha.

Anonymous said...

you i nak jawab cemane soalan cepumas tu?