Thursday, July 05, 2007

future.

It's a nice feeling to know that prior to telling the class your age, they thought that you're at least 3 years younger, and one guy even went as far as saying that you look 18.

It's a nice feeling when they judge that solely on how you look alone, but I don't think you'll have the same fuzzy feeling inside if they said that based on how you've been behaving in class. [Which I hope is not the case coz obviously it's me I'm talking about.]

The end of the semester is nearing, and I'm getting an anxiety attack. Yes I am exaggerating, but the mere thought of doing my internship in [insya-Allah] August/September is exciting, but scary as heck. It'll be the phase in my life that I would call Long-Overdue; I should be at this stage in life at least 2 years ago. And that's what makes it so exciting, but the same reason is making me nervous. With no real previous employment and a few years of my life wasted on being young and stupid, the prospect of me doing PR is thin.

There's also the fact that I am rekindling my little hobby for writing, and though I still think my stronger point is talking endlessly rather than writing extensively, it does put pressure in one's mind to choose one passion over the other.

AND don't get me started on my dream of owning a make-up artist consultancy business!

Really, I don't feel like doing one thing and a few weeks, or even months into it, hitting myself so hard and say, "Lord why did I ever do this for?!"

But according to William Whewell, "Every failure is a step to success".

So I guess, here's to many many failures to come, and may I reap what I sow as soon as possible.

10 comments:

Milkberry said...

eh... i thought you're still young and stupid. hahahaha no la. you're not young. just still stupid.

muehehehhe you know i'm joking.

anyways, i know someone who's still young and stupid and even another one who's getting "younger" and "more stupid". hehe if u get my gist i'm betting u have a smirk on your face right now.

hehe here's a thought. is it better to look younger or older than your age? for me:

looking your age:
boring. neither a compliment or insult.

looking younger than your age:
it's a compliment no matter how you see it. you're young at heart. you're happy. endorfin is your friend. isn't that good enough?

looking older than your age:
is it relative to "acting older than your age"? teenagers prolly like it but i don't think adults take this as compliments.

in the end, which is better?

is the ultimate person the one who's matured, act his/her age and is young at heart?

Elmira said...

The way I see it, one is not better or worse that the other one... looks is very objective. It depends on how old you really are, and how you are like. Being 26, it's nice to hear that someone thought that I am 23 [18 is a tad bit too young la tapi]. When I was 12, my parents' friends thought that I was 16 because of my height [which was a VERY nice compliment!]. But when I'm 50, i don't think it would hurt to look 40, or late 30s.

Though looking your age never really hurts jugak.

Even behavior, attitude and personality is objective. Remember about the grandma in the US who plays PS2 and XBOX better than those around our age? And there are old guys out there who are into extreme sports, something people would say is for the young. And young kids knowing as early as 12 what they want to do in life. What I believe in is to BE MATURED in all that you do, and although maturity comes with age, there's no reason why it shouldn't be taught as soon as children are able to think for themselves.

And I believe that there's no such thing as the ultimate person. No two person is exactly the same in this world; each of us have our own idea of what our ideal self should be like. You gotta check with yourself if what you are right now is anywhere near what you aspire to be.

woo this should be a blog post all by itself weih.

Milkberry said...

yeh yeh coz we is smart peoples.

Elmira said...

yes yes. we learn our england in england.

Unknown said...

Looks-wise, people tend to assume that I'm at least 25 or more. However, it'd be nice for once if people actually believed I'm a student and not a mother of two kids or some school teacher..I get that too often. Today's event where some bunch of kids called me a MILF is just annoying >_>

I need to lose weight and dress in more convincing AhLian garb to shed years off me T_T

Elmira said...

noooooo~ no ahlian baju pleaaasseeee. people thot u're 25? that's kinda hard to believe actually. tipu ni.

bila nak datang ni... i abiskan all your donuts yaaaaahh~

a z z u r a said...

ooh.. this entry i like.. make me think long and cook cook.

Anonymous said...

U know what they say... Age is mind over matter, if u dont mind, it wont matter ;)

Elmira said...

haha cook cook!

lyana: very true indeed babe :)

Anonymous said...

sepuluh!!!!