Wednesday, July 11, 2007

as luck would have it

So I found out today that 3rd class honors for my Communications degree is possible after all. My CGPA right now is 3.18, and I need 3.30 to be eligible. All I need is a couple of As, a couple of Bs, and no C.

That's great news for someone who initially thought that there's no time to catch up.

And then immediately afterwards, I realized that I'll be completely done with college by the end of the year [not including the submission of my internship report due by March/April next year], but the graduation ceremony is usually held a few weeks before the final exam of the Fall semester, thus rendering me ineligible for any honorary roll call during the ceremony this year.

My options? Go ahead and graduate without any honors this December, or wait till next year's ceremony [which is a year and 5 months away!].

Suck.

4 comments:

Milkberry said...

Mmmm will the degree you get if you grad this year have the words 3rd class honors written on paper?

Coz now i have this understanding that you won't be announced as a 3rd class honor student but the degree will still be written as 3rd class honors rite?

Or is it none at all?

Oh well, it's up to you, really. Honors or not, will it actually matter when you send in your resume?

But if you think it does, wait a while. But if you think it doesn't, go ahead and grad!

If it were me, I'd be happy just graduating at all. Haha. Besides if you wait til next year, you'll grad at 27. Hmmm...

Elmira said...

haha. like i said on the phone tadi, it's not so much on the matter of graduating at 27, but it'll be really cool if i get to graduate with jack and some of my other college mates. and furthermore, waiting for a year cam tak besh.

yeah, it probably doesn't matter when i apply for jobs. but it's nice to have that golden string on my neck :)

thanks for your input babe... i appreciate it a lot nyehnyeh *pokepoke*

a z z u r a said...

ya lor, ikin cakap betul meh.
so far in the resume won't matter much pun. all they cared is what you know and what you can do.
in the end. what matters the most is how u go through the interview session. cakap camner, appearance camner, boleh kena cucuk tak, kalau being provoke camner, things like that..
i got a friend dapat pakai selempang during convo (yang kalau dapat dean's list the whole degree baru leh pakai tuh)but she's among the last one yang dpat kerja.

Elmira said...

yeah i agree. i'm still striving for it tho... but tunggu one whole year to graduate sungguh tidak appealing. graduation is just a formality anyways kan kan?

but you know what? i think i'm gonna miss this. more on this on my next post hehe.