Tuesday, July 17, 2007

another college post. have i nothing else to talk about?

This week marks the last week of full time college-hood. Yes I have my final exams next week, but only for 2 days. And then there's my final semester starting from mid-August, but for 3 1/2 months my classes will only be on Monday. The end of the year is still quite a distance to go, and already I'm anticipating. For what, I've yet to discover.

I know that I complain about having to do assignments towards the end of every semester, and of presentations and exams and other college-related shit. And true, I just can't wait for all this to be over.

And by golly, I will miss it.

It's hectic as heck, but at least I still have time for things that I like to do, like catching a midnight movie on Thursday, or window shopping at 2 p.m. in the afternoon. By my own experience of 2-odd years working at The Body Shop and UPM's Graduate School, I know such carefree time will soon come to its end.

And I believe this is why it's important to have a job that you love; to minimize the days that you drag yourself to work.

But anyways. I guess it's one of those cases where you gotta give up something to gain something else. My free time for a secure financial status, self-actualization, and interestingly, freedom.

I think it's a fair deal.

No comments: