Tuesday, August 26, 2008

not-so-instant dinner

Alhamdullilah.

I was supposed to have dinner with Noran and Azzura (and Animz too, I guess) to have a belated 'welcome to the age of 27' get-together for Zura, but I cancelled in the 11th hour as I thought I had to stay back at the office. But that didn't work out, and to sms them and say "eh let's have that dinner anyways" would be beyond rude on my part. Left with a few extra hours on my hand, and what did I do?

I made dinner for my Sayang.

Refering to the title of my post, I made him instant dinner that didn't exactly turn out to be so quick after all. The Betty Crocker tuna fettuccine alfredo I made him did save me time; and it didn't really taste that bad, considering that cream-sauced pasta is not on my favorite food list. But I wanted to give him a bit more than just out-of-the-box dinner, so I tried my hands on mug cake - basically moist chocolate cake in a mug.

It took a while longer than I expected to prepare it, probably because I was too worried about messing it up. Or maybe I was just slow. haha. The baking part was really easy and fast; only 3 minutes for each mug [I made two]. But it didn't turn out to be moist [so in the end I did sort of messed up], but it was really fluffy, and filling. And YUM! It wasn't too sweet, but 11.30pm is not really the best time to be eating cake, no?

My Babe and I ended up sharing 1 mug of cake. The other one is left alone in the kitchen, waiting to be eaten. Kesian.

It's a quarter after midnight. I should sleep.

4 comments:

Milkberry said...

Yeay you made it!! Huggles~~~ Imma try mug cheesecake tomorrow. Muahahahha. See how that goes~

Elmira said...

yeay i did!

oooh. let me know how that works out. and gimme the recipe! i heart cheesecakes :)

-MissRose- said...

Cake in a mug huh?? I should try that. I am always worried that the mug will get too hot and crack. Haha! Go you Mira!!

a z z u r a said...

aa? i want.