Tuesday, January 02, 2007

rants.

The Internet is slow, all thanks to the earthquake that shook Taiwan. Didn't really affect me, although I'm annoyed that I can't check my emails.

So 2007 is here. Wow. Can't believe how time flies. I remember in early January last year I told myself that 2006 hadn't hit me yet. And now it's 2007. I'm not even sure if 2006 had already hit me. Or maybe it'll just come around one day, give me a big slap on the face, and 2007 will hit me. Hmm.

So what happened in the whole of last year? Not much, come to think of it. There are a few things, yeah... but nothing to be blowing the horns about. So many things I could do to improve myself that I didn't do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a pessimist. I'm merely realistic.

I had a conversation with my Babe at the start of '07 about improving myself. We were talking about a particular subject that I will not discuss here, but it had me thinking about improvement as a whole. As a person. Physical, emotional, spiritual. 25 years, and I've been slacking off. I haven't done half the things most people my age have done. But I have been fortunate to do things most people doesn't even get the chance to do. I will not question whether it was enough or not. I will not regret. But it makes me think. The term 'everything happens for a reason' does not apply here, because I haven't tried hard enough. So if there's a reason why I have yet to achieve the things others have achieved is purely because I slacked off. Not just last year, mind you... this goes WAY back.

But no, this is not about making new year's resolution. I've never made one in my whole life. I don't need a day to make resolutions... I make resolutions everyday in my life. Mainly about my weight issues, and relationship-wise, and regarding my studies. What I mean is... Why wait till January 1st to make resolutions?

But that's a whole different post altogether.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things this year, I have to admit. Only a year to go before I graduate; an internship programme that I hope will land me straight to a permanent job once I'm done with my studies; another year of being bullied by my Boo; and my TOEFL hopefully in July. haha yeah... I'm excited about doing TOEFL. I've no freaking idea why.

Which reminds me. Last semester's results are out. I did well, I believe... but well enough to get all A's? I really don't know. And it's freaking me out.

Oh well. I need some teh o ais.

Ciao all~

No comments: