Sunday, December 24, 2006

overdue

Yes yes, I should be updating my blog.

I've been waiting for Azzura to email me the photos of Anim's engagement, but it's been days and no pictures of a pretty lady in blue made way into my gmail. I wanted to make this whole dramatic post about her, and the fact that she didn't tell us - let alone invite us! - to her engagement on the 10th of December. And to think that Azzura knew about it and didn't say a thing! Not even during Nurul's wedding, coz yeah... she knew since then! I felt like I was stabbed when I found out :(

Well. Not really. Dramatic ni. haha.

What happened was, me, Azzura and Noran were at Anjung, this makan place near my home to have our dinner and supper [yes, we stayed that long]. We were waiting for Animz on the false pretext that Azzura wanted to show us pictures of her duduk belakang friend at the office [long story; no time to explain]. And doing so requires a laptop coz it's in her thumbdrive, and Animz had the laptop. When Animz finally came, and sat down, and turned on her laptop, we three were made to close our eyes, and I knew immediately something was up. Or she wanted to give us presents. But it wasn't anyone's birthday. So we waited. Until she told us to open up our eyes. And we did.

Appeared on the screen was a nicely made bed, with what seemed to be satin bedsheet. Now, in the Malay culture, a picture of a nicely made bed with satin bedsheet can only mean two things: an engagement, or a wedding. And I heard Noran said "aaa awak tunang ke Anim?" I think I was in denial for a good 10 seconds, coz I thought, hey... Animz would have invited me! And Noran! The freaks!

Boy was I wrong.

And a few seconds after that, a picture of a lovely looking Animz in a pretty blue baju kurung, and bunned-up hair. And I said, with all the sarcastic energy I could gather up in 3 seconds: SOMEBODY GOT ENGAGED! Which was met with laughter from the girls, but dang it Animz! And you too, Zura!

Me and Noran was more shocked at the engagement rather than feeling angry about them not telling us, but it was fun when they both said sorry and asking us not to do the same when we get engaged, insya Allah. And yeah, I actually do understand that Anim's decision to be engaged was not planned [under 2 weeks of preparation!], and even Azzura didn't know the date of the engagement, thus she too was not there. But still... it was fun. hehe.

Congratulations, Animz dearie. After all you've been through, you deserve this.

And if anyone I am close to decides to pull this kind of stunt hoping that I won't be upset, then you got another thing coming right at ya, buddy.

Pictures will be up soonest I get them. *sneers at Zura*

More news soon. Right now, I have a boyfriend whom I could I use a little cuddle from.

Ciao, all~

2 comments:

a z z u r a said...

oh? gamba? aaa
soweee
esok eh? kat opis i'll do it.
ok? kat umah ni pakai dial up. lembaps sangat

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?!??!?!Anim got engaged?!?!?
*faints*