Saturday, May 08, 2010

I wish.

It really doesn't matter if you celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow, as long as you always appreciate her and have her best interest in your heart.

Furthermore, everyday is mother's day. But just like Valentine's, it is nice to have a specific day to do something special for that special lady in your life. Or, give her a break and send her off to a fully-sponsored spa. And I'm sure most moms would agree; a simple wish and a kiss on the cheek will do as well.

It'll be my first time. And I would love nothing more than to celebrate it with my own Mama. My God how I miss her. Celebrating it with her would be so different this time around. Not just because I will no longer take her and the day for granted. But also because now I KNOW what she went through to have all five of us. What she did for us. I'm sure my sisters felt the same when they had their kids.

What would I do? I would arrange for a sisters-and-Mama outing, have a hearty lunch at a cozy place where we could talk and chat and bitch. I would ask her how did it feel like when she had my eldest sister, how did she feel with five daughters... and with an adopted son. What did she find most challenging as a mother? How was I as a baby? What was my favorite food? When did I first give her a smile? Do all babies' poo smell as bad as Hamzah's?

And then we would all laugh together.

Wishful thinking.

I should stop before my tears starts to flow.

Deep breaths, Mira.

I won't be celebrating tomorrow, because my Boo is down with dengue. Its mild, but mild dengue equates to bad fever, coughing, back pain, joint aches, loss of appetite. Poor Sayang. But Alhamdullilah, his platelet count has increased. Rasa macam nak peluk dia and comfort him all the time, but its kind of impossible with a 3-month old infant.

But its ok. I will still be spending the day with my boys. And like I said, even a little wish and kisses on the cheeks would do. For now. Nyahahah.

So remember kids. Go hug her if you guys are in the same house. If you guys are not, then take a drive to her place, and then hug her. If she stays too far (and by too far, I mean in different states/countries all together; however, you in KL and she in Selangor DOES NOT COUNT) give her a call, and tell her how much you love her.

Coz you'll never know when the ability to do so will be taken away from you. And no amount of tears and wishful thinking can ever bring it back.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: