Friday, January 01, 2010

the obligatory new year blog post

Seriously, I am still grasping with the idea that its already a whole new different year.

I felt like 2009 just sorta passed by me. Like there's so much more that I could've done to make it a better year, but time ran out.

I did not achieve any of my resolutions that i made last year; I did not lose weight, I did not find any sports that I enjoyed doing, and I'm kinda lacking in the 'do more stuff' part as well. I find it funny, and only a tad bit disappointed. Resolutions senang camtu pun susah nak keep, kan? :P

So what happened last year?

I worked only until the first seven months at RedMoney, where I stayed for a total of a year and four months. The weekly deadline took its toll on me, and I find myself unable to offer them any more than what I already was. I plateaued at work. And it seemed so obviously unfair to the bosses who had high expectations of me. :/ Plus, I was a lousy business writer. And that fact is emphasized by the fact that I have not much interest to write about the banking and finance sector anyways.

So what did I do? I left the company, and joined my hubby handling his Subway shops. I have more time now. And admittedly, sometimes more than what I needed. I miss the hustle and bustle of having a 9 to 6 (sometimes 9 to whatever-time-we-finish-with-the-newsletter) job, but I love love love spending time with my Boo. And I definitely appreciate the free time I have... my pregnancy is not exactly a breeze, and there are a lot of days when I just couldn't get up on time to go to work.

Its one of the perks of working with your husband as your boss :)

Ah. And the pregnancy. We confirmed my pregnancy on Tuesday, 7th July. Our baby was detected at a very early stage of pregnancy... 4th week to be exact. It has been such a rollercoaster ride so far; emotionally and physically. But I remind myself to always be thankful for Allah's huge gift for me, even when I was puking my guts out in the bathroom :P

Less than 2 months and a half to go. 9 weeks to be exact. I remember having a conversation with one of my bestie Ikin, when she was telling me online that she had 9 weeks to go, and I thought, "9 weeks? It's still a long way for me to go." Dang it, it felt like yesterday!

And how could I forget, the US trip! It was one of the best 2 weeks of my life! I still wish for more time to be able to go to more places and do more things, but I'm being hopeful for another trip to the States, insya Allah. New York City and Washington DC was obviously the highlight of the trip. Atlantic City was kinda dead at that time of the year, so there was nothing to really shout about. Lyana is singing a different tune I'm sure; she's over in NJ/NY for new year's eve! *reeks with jealousy*

What else, what else. hmm. Tu je kot?

As for things that I look forward to this year - there are a few. Parenthood is obviously top of the list. People tell me that I will make a great mother, that my Sayang will be an awesome dad. To be honest, I don't know that yet. I don't think taking care of nephews and nieces would be sufficient practice (if at all) for parenthood... It's going to be a whole different ball game. I do believe, however, that we're going to do our very best. We have so much to learn, but with the many people we trust and love around to give us pointers, insya Allah it won't be a daunting task.

And if possible, I want to travel a little bit more. Yes, with a little one on tow. And when our boy is bigger, I hope to be able to decide as to whether I should go back to school, take up a short course on writing (I wonder if there's any available in Malaysia?), or get back into the working world. Makeup artistry class has to wait... I don't think I'll be able to come up with the money for it yet.

I hope to see my Babe win more medals in paintball tournaments. And... I want to lose a significant amount of kilos by the end of the year hehe. And ooh, to get my pavlova before my bun pops out of the oven! haha :D

Okay this post is long enough.

Happy 2010, people. Regardless of whether you make resolutions or not, I hope you'll achieve everything you hope for this year. But do remember that your family and loved ones are your pillar of strengths, so don't go breaking their hearts.

5 comments:

Qutestuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soulie said...

Happy new year mira and kusa!

Elmira said...

happy new year to you too soul! and najeeb too :)

Lyana H. said...

aww i like how u end your entry.. sweet!

Elmira said...

family is everything! :)