Friday, May 22, 2009

to the end.

Hello all~

Just so you know, 5 hours is not enough time to spend in New York.

Yup, went to the Big Apple on the fourth day of our trip. Managed to only walk around in Times Square, Broadway and the Rockafeller Center, before heading back to Penn Station. I wanted to go to Central Park and the Empire State Building as well (along with countless others landmark places in NY), but 5 hours was all we had.

If I had the money and time to spare, I would love to spend at least four days there. But its okay. I still had the time of my life.

Later that day, we went to pick up Mommy's sis, Ucu, who lives in California from the airport. She came with us (and kindly drove!) to Washington DC for a night's stay. It was a long drive... about 5 hours and 30 minutes, me thinks.

And what do you know... the same thing happened. There was just not enough time. We did go to the White House and the Washington, Lincoln, World War II and Korean War monuments, but only got to see Jefferson's from afar, as well as Capitol Hill. Walked around the Smithsonians for a bit as well, and we only managed to get inside the American History Museum to get some souvenirs.

Anyways, we were supposed to go to Niagara Falls on Wednesday, but I think everyone was still tired from the DC trip that we decided against it. So we went to a little town called Shamong in New Jersey instead to get my Baby's paintball gears, which was about an hour's drive away. And on a (almost) whim, we went to Atlantic City.

The place was okay, I guess. I might sing a different tune if I had money to burn. And there's a lot of elderly people there... I wonder why?

I like the seaside and the beach though. It was beautiful. And cold.

And today, we went and did some last minute shopping at Costco and Target. The little money I had left from previous shopping trips and souvenirs hunting prevented me from spending too much, thus keeping my sanity intact.

2 more days. Ucu will be leaving tomorrow evening, and our flight is not until Saturday night. I'm dreading the 22-hour journey, but I do miss my family, my cat, the weather (when its sunny and warm), the feeling of being at home.

By the way, sorry for the lack of pictures. Will try to do something about that when I get back.

3 comments:

Jarr said...

whoaaa....
when will you heading back here?

urmm...my list before you balik KL..

-chocolate[for sure!]
-megan fox[optional, kalau die takde i nak Jessica Biel]

tu je la....=))

Elmira said...

ala jar... i dah cakap kat u kan... megan fox i tak jumpa. jessica biel dah tak sempat nak cari. i kasi makcik hispanic cleaner hotel ni bleh? takde la makcik sangat... about 40 kot?

:P

bem69 said...

Mira, takpe, just really enjoy what you DO have time with. Kalau tak nanti tension je... Though I do envy you, amik la banyak gambar!