Thursday, April 23, 2009

oh my.

I wish the one of the embassy interviewer would read my loathe post.

So what if a guy has never stepped outside of Malaysia? Not everyone has the privilege, the money to spend, the time to spare. I should know.

And how is he 'went straight hitting for the gold' just because his first time on an airplane is to go to the States? He was going to visit his girlfriend, for heaven's sake. Its not like he just woke up one day, decided to go to the US, because the country is so irresistible that he just have to 'hit for the gold'!

I know for sure that not all Americans working in the embassy are like that. My interviewer, for one thing, was one of the nicest man in a government office I've ever met. He didn't feel the necessity to drag my interview down and ask unnecessary questions, request to see trivial documents. He just went straight to the point.

But this other guy... such arrogance! I could not help but roll my eyes when he said what he said.

But maybe he was just having a bad day. Maybe he did not do that intentionally... you know, presenting himself as someone who is too proud of being American and thinks that everyone else in this whole wide world dreams and sighs dreamily of the US. Plus, the interviewee did not really help the situation either. Taking up a loan to visit his girlfriend? Are you kidding me?!

*deep breaths*

Anyways, my interview went extremely well. The waiting part took most of time; otherwise the interview itself took roughly five minutes. It helped that Mommy and Hubby got their visas three years ago, and that I am already working, and we've made firm plans for our May trip. So Alhamdullilah, it was easy breezy.

And I'm really looking forward to the trip. 12 days off work, 12 days with my Sayang. And his mom, his brother and Insya Allah his aunt, but it all adds up to the fun. And it has been a long while since I traveled anywhere, the last one being Bali in 2006, so I'm definitely making the most of my holiday.

Three more weeks. whee~!

5 comments:

bem69 said...

Wah congrats, dah approved to go US, bestnyer. If tak nak gi US boleh tak interviewed kat US embassy?

tuna said...

Yay congrats on getting your visa approved, finally a real honeymoon for you and Along yea :D

I think I could understand why the interviewer is acting in a patronizing manner towards the interviewee..the guy prolly gives off the vibes of a TFK-er, those who overstay and work illegally. Which, generally happens in the past but not in this time of recession, ah US is not the right place to be at if you're jobless :P

Even though after that I finally suss out what I need to head to US...well let's just say that I respect my parent's feelings more than anything else and the logic behind their words.

Elmira said...

najeeb: derang lempang you dua round dulu la kot. i've warned u. :P

ikan tuna: the reason why the guy is rejected is very obvious, even i as a bystander/eavesdropper can tell why it is. and yeah, he does have that vibe. but what annoyed me was his 'US is the best, everyone wants to here' attitude.

and kalau nak reject, reject je la. explain why. in that guy's case, there really was no reason to be rude or patronizing.

and... eh? what is this about your parents?

AiYa said...

weh, sob sob. sedih. sian aku ko xda balik kol 5 pagi agaknya. sob sbob

Elmira said...

jangan la begitu nik... sedih aku dengar. sobsob gak :(