Thursday, April 09, 2009

loathe.

With all my might, I hate those who are:

Ignorant: These kind of people, I meet, either in real life or virtually, every day. Mostly online, though. For instance: You guys know that I work in an Islamic finance publication, right? So sometimes, the news that I get through my Google Alerts are on Islam but not necessarily on finance. More often than I would've liked, I receive alerts on blog posts that people all over the world put up, dissing Islam up to the brim, like they know so much about the religion to be talking about it in the first place.

What the hell is up with that?! I mean, regardless of the subject matter, you should only speak up when you know what you are talking about. You don't have to be an expert on it, but at least make educated opinions statements. I know I'm no expert in Islam although I am Muslim, that's why I usually steer away from making religiously-driven postings. But you, the only Muslim you know is Osama bin Laden, and suddenly you know everything? bleurgh!

Arrogant: Why do you talk and type like you are the best human being in the world? As if the rest of humanity is beneath you, and none of our opinions matter? You refuse to accept when someone refutes your brick-hard stand on an issue, even when you probably know the other party is right.

It irks me when people use sarcasm to belittle others. Its funny when it is, but when its not... God help me. Don't your parents ever tell you not to look down on other people? Its rude!


Judgmental:
Different people have different ways at living their life, at looking at their life. People have different goals and expectations, dreams and fears, wants and needs. So why do you, pray tell, scoff at those who feel and think differently than you?

So what if the newly-married couple is staying at their in-laws? Does it hurt you in any way? And what is it to you if they don't want to have any children yet due to financial reasons? Are you willing to offer them your savings to help them? Just because your family taught you that the females does not belong in the office, and that the men are not suppose to be in the kitchen EVER, that doesn't mean that the complete opposite won't work for other people!

Unless you know these people personally that you may be in a better position to comment on their life (to them in person, not via blogs, twitter, facebook, surat layang), reserve your opinion to yourself. Drop that holier-than-thou attitude la please. It annoys others, and it won't do you much good in the long run.

---

Excuse me. I'm ranting. I just don't get these people sometimes.

And mind you, these are only some of the types of personality I hate.

7 comments:

bem69 said...

how convenient mira, I just came across one such person

Soulie said...

totally agreed with what you pointed out! good one :)

Dearests said...

Definitely agree with the "Judgmental" segment of the post.

Cetek pemikiran orang sometimes.

Milkberry said...

Damn straight!

-MissRose- said...

You tell'em Mira!! ;P

Elmira said...

najeeb: i know! that person is one of the few that inspired this post :)

soul: kan kan? these people sangat annoying!

anis: hello there :) i'm glad you agree. people can get really annoying sometimes.

ikin: word my chica. haha.

nana: hey babe! i know... i just need to get it off my chest... its been welling up for weeks!

Anonymous said...

awak tak pakai tudung ke? ..entry ni mcm butthurt je..??