Sunday, March 08, 2009

The first one live from Shah Alam

I am now getting online from a mamak in Seksyen 11, Shah Alam, which I think is kind of like a formal officiation of our residency in the city.

Didn't really get the chance to tell everyone, but we've moved in my in-laws' new house since Tuesday. The house is very much ready, but there are boxes still left unpacked in our bedrooms. No real rush to unpack everything as yet I suppose, as my Sayang and I haven't bought our bookshelf yet, and we still need a coffee table.

But Alhamdullilah, our bedroom is bigger now, and no more single bed yeay!

We still don't have a telephone line or Astro though, which is why I'm here at the mamak. Kusa wants to watch the Man U - Fulham game, and I need my Facebook fix. And YM. And I want to blog.

Moving on.

My hubby and I went to see Jason Mraz on Wednesday with Zura and her friend Akmar, Hadi and Lyana, and we HAD A BLAST! Seriously, I regretted not getting the standing tickets... I want the Polaroid pic he took of himself!

And Mraz sounds so much better live, and he looked so damn awesome, to the extent that I think Hadi has a crush on him! haha~ But I'm glad that I went with some of my greatest friends... you guys are the bomb! <3

Hmm so what else?

ooooh. I've been making more effort to read lately, and I'm reading my second book in a week now. Its chick-lit, Falling Out of Fashin by Karen Yampolsky, not something that I usually read. But Zura is right; it does make a good read after a long day of work, when you want something easy to read. I Googled the book online, and apparently it was inspired by real life events. Go look it up, if you are interested :)

I have 4 more book in my collection that I've yet to read, but already I am planning to buy more hahahaha.

On the downside, I got a scare earlier today when my sister told me that my dad is having difficulty to move around because of a sudden pain at the waist area. Got really worried, so Kusa and I rushed to Serdang. He's not feeling any much better even after a reflexology treatment, but at least he can joke around. So we're glad. If things doesn't get any better tomorrow, we're planning to take him to the hospital. Do pray for him yea?

Anyways, The Matta Travel Fair is on next weekend, and I'm planning to go scout for cheap deals for our anniversary in July. We're aiming for something local, and probably somewhere by the beach. Any suggestions?

So how's this as a first post from our new neighborhood?

7 comments:

Soulie said...

hope ur dad is getting better, insya Allah :) matta fair? beach? there's always tioman, perhentian, manukan!! ouhh can't wait to plan our next trip as well

Anonymous said...

Yay first post~ OMG you are one of the lucky people who went and watch Jason Mraz, I envies >o< Got any photos from that outing tak :D

For holidays, Redang or the beaches of East Malaysia, mum says watch out for the monsoon season though :3

a z z u r a said...

oi.
lepak mamak tak panggil. fine

gulagula said...

it's been so good to be able to read your writings again. =)

about moving house, i hate the moving part: packing and unpacking. but i love the idea of starting anew at the new place, new things to discover around the neighbourhood and waking up to the new air.

shah alam is a great place to live in. keep writing! ^_^

Soulie said...

monsoon is just over! its open season again :) no worries bout that.

yeah i'm looking forward tgk gambar concert tuh!

bem69 said...

Mira, welcome to Shah Alam. Where dreams are made of, and people stare at you when you pass by.

Elmira said...

soulie and arnie: tuh laaa... but we're under budget. RM2K dapat gi mana eh agaknya? inclusive of travel, lodging and food :D

zura: wei ko kata ko ada kat shah alam till 4pm je on saturday!

gulagula: thank you! and yea... packing and unpacking are the things i hate the most about moving!

jeeb: maceh!