Tuesday, October 02, 2007

days and weeks to go.

This sucks. Just when I want to share some news with my girls, none of them are online!

Ramadhan has been treating me well this year. Maybe it's because I've been treating it well too haha. There's a few temptations here and there, but none that I can't handle. chewah.

Talking about Ramadhan, I had the freaks' annual buka puasa gathering last Friday. There were only me, Kusa, Ili, Along, Adik, Noran and her new beau, Hozair. We ate at Nando's in Midvalley, and it was a mistake. The service was crap, the food was late, and it took 45 minutes at least for Ili's bottled water to arrive! No one was a happy camper.

And to think that we had a similar fate during last year's berbuka too.

I've been thinking a lot about my late Mama lately. Things reminds me of her so much lately, I can't be sure why. But as much as I miss her, a conversation I had with my sister makes me sad. I was watching the telly with Kak Hani, and we were kidding around like we always do, and at one point somehow I joked with her about removing a mole on her face, to which she replied: "No way... this is my lucky mole. Mama had one too on her cheek."

Then it hit me. I don't remember which cheek.

Honestly, if it wasn't for my sister being there, I would have cried. I had to check my mom's photograph in my wallet closely to find out where [it was on her left]. These things happen, I guess... and I know that no matter what, Mama will always be a part of me. But at that moment, I wanted nothing else but to lock myself in my room and wail like a baby.

Sigh. Moving on.

In about a week, the first Malaysian Angkasawan Negara will blast off to space. There were news about how NASA in its website referred to Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar as a Space Flight Participant [or something along that line], instead of an astronaut. I can't be bothered with all the title thing, to be honest. Looking at the bigger picture, I'm just proud that one of us is going to space. yeay~

oooh. Azzura and Ikin are online! Ili too. Yeay!

No comments: