Saturday, September 08, 2007

Tetanus D

It was early Friday morning. She stepped out of her living room, and went outside to hang some laundry. It was humid. Hot. Sweat trickled down her back. She squinted her eyes, wishing that the day was a little cooling. Mindlessly she took one piece of t-shirt after another, and then she was done. She sighed, relieved that her chore is almost done. She bend to pick up the empty basket, when she suddenly felt a slight pain on her right foot. Her mind immediately thought of the worse, and as she examined her bleeding foot, and then her slippers, her fear was confirmed.

"Stupid fucking rusty nail poked into my kaki! aaaagh!"

How the damn nail got there, I don't know. The pain wasn't bad... It's not like the whole thing went into my foot. Just a tiny pinch. But it sucked big time when because of a tiny little thing like that, I had to go get a tetanus shot.

Damn. My left arm still hurts till now :(

The doctor was nice though. He's been there at my neighborhood forever, but that was the first time I ever went there. The usual clinic I go to was closed... The usual clinic being Malay-owned and the day being Friday. Well, it was 12.30 pm when I finally went to get my shot.

He told me that the shot would last me for two years. So now, for the next 24 months, I can get bitten and scratched by animals, and get cut by more nails and broken glasses, and not worry about getting an infection. heh. Bring it on.

... Well. Not really. :D

oohh. My babe gave me the sweetest surprise when I got here to his house today. Well the thing wasn't even for me, but how would you feel when your boyfriend of 6 years, who is known for NOT being romantic, decided to one day create a picture collage of the two of you together, and put it up as his wallpaper on his PC? Well I know that it's similar to the birthday present he made for me earlier this year, but the magic is not lost. I'm not sure when he did it, but damn it's a nice feeling. To know that someone loves you so much, that they don't mind looking at the same old face everyday.

My poor, sick but lovely Baby who is down with fever, flue and cough didn't even tell me!

And there's also a picture of me and Ikin tersesat there somehow haha.

7 comments:

Milkberry said...

awww so shweeeet i'm having a tooth decay~~ hehehehehehe.

btw i asked for the photo of your rissole laaaaaaaaa! manaaaaa?

Elmira said...

wah rissole. gile la. aku ingatkan risol je.

well. i took pictures of the risol eh silap rissole with my handphone... totally forgetting that the pc takde bluetooth. so.. tunggu la till i figure something out.

if any of you nak the recipe, it's at supcendawananjung.blogspot.com

ikin i wubb u~

a z z u r a said...

weh
haha
bile aku bace title "tetanus d" first thing aku terus cam heran .. "kenape mira tetiba nak cite pasal jack black nye band tuh.. :D die baru lepas tgk menda.." haha. then baru realized it's tenacious D.. kihkih.

btw, ikin, am lovin the pics. sungguh lawa. congratulations (i hope it;s not too late)

Anonymous said...

hahaha ko ni blur la zura. tu la aku masa nak buat the title tu aku cam nak wat ape aa? pastu tetanus bih kurang cam tenacious kan bunyi dia, so aku cam ok on. hahaha. random i know.

-mira

Milkberry said...

kusa spelled it as rissole. i wasnt the chef so i didnt know. please dont eat me :( hehehe

Elmira said...

i don't want to eat you... i want to punish you! nyahahahahah~

Milkberry said...

ooo my sadist~