Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"this is so ON, weih!"

kittens came back! well, at least one did. i forgot how the story went, but Kusa came to its rescue again. but the mother will take it away again, probably. but i hope the mother will take the other one to join us instead. that would be sooo comel :)

and the surprise Fareen gave me smalam? watching Puteri Gunung Ledang - The Musical. there were scenes from the movie that was deleted, but it was a good show nonetheless. but, of course, we all know that their version didn't come close to the history, but there were good acting all around. AC Mizal could actually act! in a serious role, at that! and... dare i say it? i think he even outshone Adlin Ramli. well, he definitely outshone the guy who acted as Hang Tuah, Stephen Rahman i think. i read Patrick Teoh's blog,... or was it Afdlin Shauki's?... and apparently he is Broadway-trained. well, he's certainly a good singer, but he didn't make that much of an impression on me.

it really was a grand affair. and all the good reviews i heard and read about the musical prior to watching it was true. it didn't exactly made me think about it over and over again, or leave much an impact on me as some plays does, but it did leave me thinking "Stupid girl! and you didn't really want to watch this initially!" bad mira.

thank you thank you thank you Fareen. and yeah... it was definitely ON.

one thing was OFF though. Malaysians have this thing, a fetish probably, about clapping at every single thing. we were told 30 minutes after our supposed 20 minutes intermission, that they're having a technical problem and it would be rectified in 5 minutes. the audience actually clapped. 10 minutes later, we were told that tha problem is still being rectified, and they apologized profusedly. and... more claps?! what the *toot*?

oh well. they didn't ruin my night, try as they might.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha malaysian and clapping..it's a no-brainer!

I checked out the musical too and yes,I thought AC was awesome! His acting and singing (I thought he overdid it when he was a part of 4U2C!) exceeded my expectations! He definitely was the star of the show. ;)

Oh yes,I lost my hp when I went to bangkok along with all the numbers in it (le sigh) so I would really appreciate it if you could sms me your number. (I'm still using the same no.!).Thanks muchly! :)