Sunday, July 19, 2009

better late than never.

My last day at the office was eventful.

Kicked it off with lunch at Chinois KLCC with Ayu Aziz (who left the company on the same day as I did) and Ayu Musa (who left the company about a month before we both did). It was a good lunch - great food, awesome company. We mainly bitched and gossiped and talked and laughed... the usual ingredient for a girly lunch. :P

Ayu and I were fashionably late when arriving at the office at 3pm... haha. We then went out for tea with Shashi and Mr. Siva, which was kind of sad as it would be the last tea-break we would have together.

Went back to the office, finish up on clearing my stuff on the table as well as my PC, and then a lil get together with everyone for a proper farewell. Mr. Siva talked, then AM talked, got our going-away gift, and then for some reason they forgot that Ayu and I were supposed to be saying something as well. Which kinda worked to my advantage. I was feeling emotional.

Took loads of photos with almost everyone, before heading down to Stadium Negara for a farewell party. Which was actually just another reason to get drunk, smoke and laugh at the silliest thing.

They're sweet to smoke from a distance of me, so even when the wind blew towards me I didn't smell much of the cigarettes... except when most of them smoked at once. But still, its not something I'd like to go through again for the next 8 months or so.

A little mishap happened before the party animals moved their asses to Marketplace, which made everyone worry for about 15 minutes. Once the situation was under control, almost everyone was back to their jovial self, and then my Sayang picked me up from outside the club (and no, I did not step into Marketplace, just in case someone wonders why I would when I'm pregnant).

So thanks Mel for organizing the party, and much love to everyone who came. Admittedly, there's one person or two that I could do without, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I'm sorry that this blog post sounded so much like a narrative. I guess I want to remind myself of what happened... so that I don't forget :)

I'm honestly going to miss most of these people. And this may be hard to believe, but to an extent I am going to miss Thursday nights as well. Yeah the stress drove me away, but there's also the bond that we share.

OK emo mode is on.

1 comment:

AiYa said...

kah kah. mmg mrk saja carik alasan nk mabok.

sory la babe. gua xleh join. "handbag" tgai umah. mna dpt enjoy2 mcm dulu2 lagi