Monday, July 14, 2008

i am married. omg.

Alhamdullilah, everything turned out well. There were a lot of hiccups during my reception especially, but everything fell into its place eventually. I was surrounded by the people who were my pillars of strength during the months of the ordeal commonly known as 'wedding preaparation'.

There was my dad, with whom I had numerous arguments with during the whole process. We don't have the normal typical father-daughter relationship, but when he said during the merenjis ceremony that he wanted to kiss my cheeks, I had to fight the urge to cry and bawl there and then.

There were my sisters as well, without them I wouldn't be able to hold my reception. They joke that they provided the money for my majlis, but without them I honestly wouldn't know what to do. Kak Syisya and Kak Diana helped pointed out the mistakes I did and the mistakes that would have happened if certain things weren't addressed, and Kak Hani were in the picture quite late in the process, but she was there nonetheless. Kak Azfa was my replacement pengapit, since Azzura, who was supposed to be the maid of honor during the reception in KL was down with a terrible flu.

There were my niece and nephews, who despite their naughtiness, are the most adorable kids I know.

And finally, but never the least, there were my friends. The people who I depended on a lot during the whole planning process. I don't want to be biased, but Azzura was the go-to girl when I had to do things last minute. But that does not mean that Lyana, Hanim, Along and Noran did not help a lot! They did, and for that I am forever grateful.

The ceremonies were beautiful. The nikah was the event with the most hiccup, but it all went well. My Sayang said the lafaz in one breath, and took only one take! Funny thing is, I thought he was rehearsing! But he did very well. For that, I am very proud. Woohoo~

My reception afterwards was simple and intimate. There was not a lot of hoopla about it, but the turnout was pretty good. My Sayang's family reception, on the other hand, was in a much bigger scale, and very nicely done. It was grand. And honestly, I love my make up on Sunday much much more than the make up on the reception the day before. Thank you Kak Fida for making me feel like a queen!

Pictures will be up soon, insya Allah.

A new chapter has begun (chewah). But for now, let me just get used to the idea of calling my Sayang as Husband, and my in-law as Ayah and Mommy. It'll be fine insya Allah. I have five clearing days to register it all in.

8 comments:

Milkberry said...

Congratulations my lovelies! Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm so glad you're happy!

mar!ahaf!z said...

congrats mira n hubby!

happyichigo♥ said...

i saw milkberry's post about ur wedding, so i visit u and would like to wish u ~CONGRATULATIONS!~

Jana said...

congratulations dear! may Allah bless ur marriage. n cepat2 la dpt baby. good luck!

Elmira said...

thanks ichigo and jana! :)

a z z u r a said...

:D :D :D
xoxo

e.e.s.h.i.e said...

babes! photosss... nak tengok! :)

Elmira said...

i'll put them up soon! hehehe~