Friday, November 30, 2007

spending my lunch hour blogging away

Hello all~

In case you people wonder, work has been great. But as much as I enjoy doing my job, I really don't feel like typing details of what I've been doing, and what I'll be up to. Not now anyways hehe.

I observed something interesting about Malaysians yesterday on my way to work. I had the notion that Putra LRT users are much more civilized than KTM Komuter's when it comes to getting on the train in a proper and orderly manner even during rush hours, due to the fact that there's always a few pakciks making sure that everyone stands in line. Komuter, on the other hand, gets passengers that would push people around and probably go, "Line up? What's that?" should any poor soul ask about queuing. Well, that may sound a little prejudicial, but I'm merely saying things based on what I've seen, and I have nothing against any Komuter or LRT users. And I guess, we learn by watching others behave, so if there's no one to make sure we stand in line, then we won't.

So anyways, I was at the LRT station in KL Sentral thinking, "This is cool. There's a lot of people, but no one's pushing." Trains were so full, that three passed me by before I could get to be among the first in line, and wait for my turn. Then immediately after the third, an empty train came, I assume to specifically pick people up from KL Sentral. And literally, all hell broke lose and lines were no longer visible! The train didn't even completely stop yet! Seriously. It's like, the sight of an empty train brought these people closer to the edge of the terminal like moths to flames!

And so I came to a conclusion: Malaysians are Malaysians. No matter from which part of the country you are, common courtesy only works if you get something in return, or there's no one to stop you from being assholes.

And maybe, that includes me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oo..you're working already, that's good to hear. I'll come to himpit you when you get your first paycheque hehe..kidding :P

Speaking of which, I think the characteristics of the KTM users that you've mentioned are very similar to Rapid KL bus users..maybe it's due to the same bunch of commuters kot haha. I don't usually attempt to push my way in at KTM..what I'd do is to watch them all rush in before I decide on the section that looks like I could squeeze in.

Believe me, people are willing to make way if you rush in as if you're going to knock them hahaha >D

a z z u r a said...

Kebenaran tidak dapat dinafikan di sini.

I used to let one or two trains passed and wait for the later one rather than merelakan diri di"rogol" orang orang yang suke menghimpit. benci.

yg kelakarnya.. i think.. at least half of the passengers from the KTM will naik the Putra... smpai kat Putra pandai lak beratur.. ape citer??

Elmira said...

kaaaaannn? it's seriously weird! like i said, it's the behavior of others that make us behave the way we do, in this case. but then, someone gotta start la kan being mindful of others? hmm.

qiddas said...

whats ironic is, i had sardines for lunch yesterday. and then, this post?

hmm... maybe the universe is trying to tell me something here... no?

Elmira said...

saddiq: what the universe is trying to say is, keep your word to mira about going to kusa's subway, and maybe have a tuna sandwich instead of sardines. or a turkey sandwich. chicken ke. whatever floats your boat.

cik tunana: u so sombong :(

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, ye ke? Merajuk ke x reply SMS..hehehe..ok that is my bad. Actually I tak reload my phone once I got back from HK so it's out of order..until a few days back ahaha.

I want to kacau you and Along someday..takpe2..nanti I give you a bit of ole2 from HK :P

qiddas said...

can i get the ole2 from hk as well?

also, whats an ole2?

Elmira said...

saddiq: no u cannot. coz u suck. hehe.

ikan tuna: oh yeay! u not sombong anymore :D