Wednesday, November 14, 2007

cinematic razor sharp

I am now at my Sayang's shop, wasting my time, and his electricity. haha. The shop is closing in about 20 minutes, then they'll do their closing, and after that we're off to have supper. My poor Baby is tired of eating sandwich everyday. It's free (well sorta) and although people - especially me - have said that they wouldn't mind eating something everyday without having to pay, but after a month one gets bored. Believe me, you'll get bored.

This week has been good to me, with two great news. (1) Insya Allah I'll be graduating next month after four years of studying. I'm not entitled for any class honours, as I've said in a previous post, because I am in the final semester and they are not able to calculate the final semester's grade into the CGPA as my final exam will only end a few days before the ceremony. So basically, I'm in it solely for the formality. I can choose not to participate, but come on, how often would I be getting this chance? But of course, it all depends if I can come up with the money by the 20th. Wish me luck.


And (2), I'll be starting my internship next week. Remember a few post ago, where I mentioned something about an interview the next day? Well scrap that. That interview sucked. You can't blame the interviewer [who's also the managing Director of the company] for wanting someone who knows a lot about PR and the business, because it is a tough TOUGH business to go into. But then again, a part of me felt sad for not being given the opportunity. I was applying for an internship, obviously because I want to learn. There's a few other things also that I find a bit sucky about the whole thing, but oh well, bygones. So a friend from another company YM-ed me, and asked me if I'dbe interested to work in her workplace. Went for an interview, and a few days later they called and I got the job.

It's a small company, and I'm not sure what exactly I'll be learning as they expect me to do a few things and not just one. And that's an advantage; I'd be able to learn not just one thing and thus I'd be able to choose what I want to do later as a career. So yeah, it's cool :)

I'm off. Gotta talk crap with my girlfriend for a while before we head home.

And if you're as blur as a stone, my girlfriend is Ikin.

2 comments:

bem69 said...

Mira, let me be the first to congratulate you on your new job. Congratulations! My first interview sucked as well. Dahla 4 orang interview, kat OUM. All the best, anyway, keje apa?

Elmira said...

hahaha thanks! writer/i don't know what else they gonna let me do. haha. but for now writing. its for a very small company that deals with digital branding. nyeh.