Tuesday, August 09, 2005

too much time in my hands, hence this post

here's something to ponder upon: why would a singing/talent reality show has a different award for best vocals? most of us know for a fact that the obvious winner of the main award is not the one with the best singing ability, and i guess the producers know that too, hence the best vocal category, i assume. but damn it, it's supposed to be a singing competition! isn't the main prize given to the one with the best vocals, supposedly? furthermore, his fans voted for him for the main prize, why wouldn't they vote for him for all categories?

Yes people, i am referring to Akademi Fantasia.

thank GOD it's over! i actually don't know why it bugs me so much... it was just another reality show. It's not just mawi that bothered me, it's the whole damn show. and the fans too, I guess. 'students' get eliminated not because they can't sing, but because they don't help out around the house, or they made a bad joke. and so, the good singers [not that there's plenty of them in the show] did not get to the finals. but these 12 people's places in maestro are confirmed, so i guess it doesn't make much different. although i guess winning all that prizes would be an added bonus.

like i said, i don't know why it bugs me so much.

But i am enjoying Rockstar INXS tremendously. I think Jordis or maybe Marty should win. They have such strong vocals, and yeah, they look good. I swoon whenever I see Marty on TV! Comel sangat die tu. Rase cam nak gigit-gigit je. huhu~

i watched Rain Man for the first time last Saturday. it was, i have to admit, one of the best movies i have seen in my entire life. can't say much about the soundtrack, though... but you gotta understand, the movie was made in 1988. kusa argued that if i were to watch it say, 10 year ago, i probably would've been more appreciative. i doubt it, but hey... who knows? but anyhoot, dustin hoffman was magnificent. he made me cry twice! i'll never watch him the same way again. go and watch this movie if you wanna watch something to remind you of the value of family, especially the relationship between siblings.

movies to look forward to this week/weekend: Cinema Paradiso and Amelie. can't wait!

i just found out that Marion Raven was a part of the now-defunct bubblegum, candy coated pop duo, M2M. kinda took me by surprise coz i like her songs [those on MTV and V, anyways], but not really that much of a shock coz she did look familiar. oh well.

time to go home, now. i'm crossing my fingers [not literally] hoping to get to see my boo today. so later world... ciao~

----------

disclaimer: what i said about Akademi Fantasia are only my most humble opinion [meaning i actually have loads more to say about it], and nothing else. if there are people reading this who would want to send me a hate-mail or whatever, save it, coz honestly, i wouldn't care. but thank you for making some time and read my blog! yeay!

12 comments:

K@MO said...

Jesus Christ! You didn't know Marion Raven was in M2M?

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM!

hehe

Elmira said...

shadap u. (yes, i don't have a better repartee for u) :P

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Milkberry said...

oh my god is that a new way of spamming?

Elmira said...

yeah... i ain't gonna call, but that's wicked. not in a good way. just... wicked.

i can't help but feel a little insulted, though... advancing my life a bit? what the fuck?

Anonymous said...

Haha I feel the same way about Akademi Fantasia. I'm SO glad it's over. If I hear anything about MAWI again I'll shoot myself! :p

And yeah, Rockstar INXS rocks!I've been following the series religiously! Wouldn't miss it for the world! ;)

Elmira said...

yay! another Rockstar INXS fan!

oh, hands off Marty, you hear? he's MINE! nyahaha~

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog, I feel that you should advance your life. Our website has the greatest selection of hot girls from around the world including Kazakhstan. Now with even less facial hair! Wawaweewa!

Please call 18430540395030204932 ext. 43264365432.

So why wait, visit us now!

Elmira said...

visit or call? ape la saddiq. haha.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha nak Marty jugak! Actually I'm quite greedy..I like both Marty and Mig.. ;) J.D sucks ass,I tell ya!

MWM<---that's me sandwiched in between Marty and Mig..nyeahahahaha!~ :D

Unknown said...

The real rockstar will always be me. Nyahaha.

Elmira said...

yeah... me and friend hates JD! and yes... mig is as heavenly as marty. did u see his rendition of baby i love ur way last week? sooo good i wish i could lick him!

kusa: yes baby i know ;)